Get your car ready for winter weather!
8 Steps to Prepping Vehicles for Winter
1) Check the battery to make sure it is winter ready.
2) Tires should have mud and snow (M&S) or all-season tread and be in
3) Brakes should be checked and serviced if necessary. Even braking on
all four wheels will lessen the chance of skids on slippery roads.
4) Make sure your vehicle’s exhaust system has no leaks. Carbon monoxide
is a silent killer and can accumulate quickly in closed vehicles.
5) Make sure your wiper blades are in good condition. Keep the windshield
washer reservoir filled with antifreeze solvent.
6) Check the radiator, heater core and all hoses that carry antifreeze solution
to see that they are in good condition and free of leaks. Also check to
see that the solution is good to at least 40 below zero.
7) Use winter weight oil (usually 5W-30) in the engine.
8) Carry a winter survival kit in the vehicle.
Leave a Reply