FRIDAY, MAY 29, 2015
Tow that boat safely!
Never tow your boat trailer without a safety review. Before heading to the ramp, be sure to check the following:
* Coupler, hitch and hitch ball are compatible
* Coupler and safety chains are secured to hitch of tow vehicle
* All fasteners are properly tightened
* Boat is securely tied down to trailer (Note: the winch line is not a tie down)
* Wheel lug nuts are properly tightened
* Wheel bearings are properly adjusted and maintained
* Load is within maximum load carrying capacity
* Tires are properly inflated
* All Trailer lighting is working properly
* Trailer brakes are properly adjusted and working
* Check local and state regulations regarding brakes and any additional equipment that may be required.
Enjoy the boating season!
Posted 5:19 PM
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only.
It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional
in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between
you and the blog and website publisher.